Its stake racing time again at bestbet Jacksonville and this time around we get the best sprinters in the riches race, the $50,000 James J Patton Silver Cup, to watch, wager, and win on. The finals will run in the 11th race on the card, and each entry has a shot to take home the title at the wire. Let’s take a closer look at the finalist and just how I think the race will play out on Saturday evening March 11th.
1. JS Armdndangerus (SH Avatar – JS Kerry Oki) super pup, never caught from behind, loves the rail, in money throughout in stakes, better breaker than shows, post should make difference.
2. WW Next Bigthing (Bella Infrared – WWK Big Money) hot and colder runner, tough on lead, won two rounds of stakes, can close a bit in stretch, post not the best, must break here.
3. Real Good Feelin (TMC’s Remedy – Need A Date) only returning finalist, best raw speed in bunch, near midtrack, can break or close, half sibling to 2 all-americans, upset minded in this one.
4. Boc’s Andross (KC And All – Boc’s Coleena) always around the pace, in the money 17 straight races, determined runner, winning might be tough, post ok, good play under on tickets.
5. LN Michaels (Vee Man Vane* – Uss Out Of Sight) won 3 rounds, blazing early speed, room early with empty box next door, Same owner and stud dog as last year’s winner, Gone if breaks.
6. WW’s Marsala (Last Outlaw – WW Champagne) ship in, likes racetrack, best closer in field, in the money throughout in stakes, posted well, will make presence known in the stretch.
7. Boc’s Queen Lady (KC And All – Boc’s Snow Queen) running above her pay grade, good closer, would rather be on rail, in quiniela in 3 of the 4 rounds, easy going in round 1-3.
8. Wiki Jax Attack (KC And All – Wiki Lil Quicky) won 2 of the 4 rounds from this post, flies from start from 8 box, AA from TS, Steady runner, can close a bit, must get to rail cleanly to win.
Now for how this race is going to play out.
At the break, it is going to get crowded fast as several greyhounds will come to run from the start. This race is for $50,000 and I expect each and every one of these greyhounds to be ready to go. LN Michaels has shown the best early speed in the bunch so far in the stakes and he should be the first one out of the starting box. He will not be alone though as Js Armdndangerus and Wiki Jax Attack will make the post of their fantastic posts. Real Good Feelin and Boc’s Andross should also be in the hunt as they head off the launching pad. Down the front stretch and to the first turn they will race with Michaels in control with Armdndangerus and Real Good Feelin nipping on his heels. Jax Attack will be pressing down to try and get to the rail, but will not have a clean trip to where he wants to be on the racetrack. Boc’s Andross is there as well and the rest follow the leaders down the backside. As they continue the run, the order doesn’t change all the much until we get to the far turn. There Armdndangerus is tired of chasing and figures it time to start leading this race. He takes over control from Michaels as Real Good Feeling and the rest as inching closer to passing the pacesetter as well. Down the stretch, they go and Armdndangerus puts his head down and is making a case for the win as Michaels tries to dig in deep and hold on to place. Dangerus won’t be denied and coasts to the wire for the win. Michaels tries his best, but gets nipped from behind from a very determined run by the veteran Real Good Feelin. Michaels loses the photo and settles for show just in front of the duo of Boc’s Andross and Wiki Jax Attack who finish 4th and 5th in the end. (1-3-5-4)
Remember that we are also running 2 great CASH promotions on Saturday evening March 11th as well. Come get an entry and if your greyhound win, you get to select a balloon, pop it, and claim what the cash prize is inside. We will also have 2nd chance drawings throughout the evening so you can turn those losing Jacksonville tickets into a chance at a cool $20. So, grab everyone you can, make some plans, and come on out and join us for a great time!